Red Deer Hospice Society 50/50 Cash Lottery
WINNER TAKES HOME 50%
Who You Help
How It Works
Lottery License -570335
- Eligibility: The raffle is open to all persons who are in the Province of Alberta when purchasing tickets online. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older and the name of a minor must not be written on the ticket. Members of the Board of Directors, paid staff and committee members of the Red Deer Hospice Society and their spouses or partners living with them are eligible to participate in the Red Deer Hospice Society 50/50 Cash Lottery Raffle. The Raffle Chairperson, along with staff of Ascend Fundraising Solutions are NOT permitted to purchase or accept tickets.
- Tickets: Grand total number of tickets is 104,250 and the pricing will be: 500 single tickets at $10 each 1,000 sets of 10 for $20 each 1,875 sets of 50 for $40 each Ticket purchases are not eligible for tax receipts. All tickets will be controlled by the Licensee and are only available to purchase through the online sale platform provided by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
- No refunds. All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and entered the draw cannot be refunded, including if the ticket purchasers made an error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase.
- How to purchase: Visit rdhospice5050.ca and follow the directions to purchase the tickets for the Raffle. Tickets may be purchased by Visa, Mastercard & American Express. The Red Deer Hospice Society’s liability is limited to the purchase price of the ticket. If the transaction is approved the ticket purchaser will receive a confirmation message and order ID followed by an email containing the ticket PDF as well as numbers on the ticket in the body of the message. It can take several hours for the ticket purchasers to receive their email confirmation. Ticket purchasers are required to enter their email address correctly with no errors when purchasing to ensure they receive their tickets and should check their spam and junk mail folders if they have not received their tickets the day after purchase. In the event of a power outage – all information is cached on the system and would not be lost. The ability to use a random number generator could potentially be delayed in the event of a prolonged outage.
- The Draw: All draws will take place at Red Deer Hospice Society, 99 Arnot Avenue, Red Deer,
Alberta. The winning ticket will be selected via Random Number Generator and is open to the
The Early Bird Draw will be held at approximately 12:00pm on March 31, 2021. Only tickets purchased before 11:59am on March 31, 2021 will be eligible for this draw. The winning ticket will be eligible for the subsequent Grand Prize Draw.
The Grand Prize Draw will be held at approximately 11:00am on April 19, 2021. Only tickets purchased before 11:59pm on April 16, 2021 will be eligible for this draw.
In the event that all tickets are sold by March 31, 2021 then the draws for both the Early Bird prize as well as the Grand Prize will be held on April 5, 2021. This will be subject to AGLC approval to the change in draw date. Only upon demonstrating extraordinary circumstances to the AGLC will the licensee make a request for a draw date extension.
- The Prizes: The Early Bird Prize will be valued at $2,500 presented as a gift basket with items and services from Alberta Businesses. Prize must be accepted as awarded, there will be no cash substitutes. The Grand Prize will be 50 % of the gross revenue from all tickets sold or a minimum of $20,000 (whichever is higher).
- Winner Notification: The winners will be notified in writing and/or by phone by the Red Deer Hospice Society and must be claimed by one year from the date of the prize draw. If the prize remains unclaimed after that date, a request can be made to the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) regarding a decision on the disbursement of the prize. The winner’s name will be publicized on the list of prize winners located at rdhospice5050.ca as well as on the social media channels. In the event the winning ticket has more than one name on it, the licensee shall award the prize to the first name of all individuals identified on the ticket. Red Deer Hospice Society and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- For ticket inquiries: please call (403)309-4344, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write Red Deer Hospice Society 99 Arnot Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta T4R 3S6.
- Privacy: The Red Deer Hospice Society respects privacy and will not sell, rent or trade mailing lists. The personal information that will be collected by the Red Deer Hospice Society will be used to process the ticket orders and to contact you regarding ongoing and future lotteries.